Monday, May 21, 2012

Growing Up

“Study hard. If you’ll stop studying, you’ll regret as you grow old that you have never experienced the joy of no classes, suspended classes or absent teachers.”
- Bob Ong (translated from Tagalog)

                When I was a little, I have no specific dream. I dreamt of becoming an actress, dancer, singer, ramp model, teacher, doctor, and chef, everything that I could think of. But I wasn’t really thinking about it. I just want to enjoy everything and have fun. It’s as if the whole world is my playground. Everything was just fun and games. But as I grow up, I realized that life was never what I thought it was.

                Back then, the simplest things could please me: candies, a shiny new toy or a trip to the mall. Small things, yes. But enough to make me feel giddy all day. And then came the time when I learned to put make-up on my face and polish my nails. I’d look at myself in the mirror, and think of the things I’ve been through for the 19 years of my existence, I’d say to myself, “Be thankful for who you are today. Be strong and keep the faith.”



“You’ll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have left.”
- Unknown

                Life, for teens like me is a bit unfair. The world seems to put all things on our shoulders and even in our heads. We were expected to do things that are off our capabilities, things that we can’t do… alone.  Sometimes, we couldn't handle everything about this world, this crazy world. But, all we need is a little push, a little motivation, morale booster to build up our strength that is most likely to be expected from our parents. Parents play an important role in building the character of the youth. They, at some point of our lives, become our idols. We look up to them knowing that they know what’s best for us. Indeed, they do. They've been there and done that, too. What they could do is to impart the lessons they have learned to prevent us from doing the same mistake. Now, I understand my mom and dad, and their lectures. I love you mom and dad. Thank you :)



♡♥Emily♥♡


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment